SLIMMED DOWN! Older links have been MOVED to: https://ccdems.com/archived-links/
NEW and UPDATED items are marked and highlighted. For information on joining the club, see “About the Club” at the end of the newsletter. Any problems, or to submit items for the newsletter, email me at wils…@gmail.com.
Note from the President (NEW)
I hope this finds you all well.
If you are on Facebook, please be sure to like the Club’s Facebook page. You can either type @CarrollCountyDemocraticClub into the Facebook search bar or go to www.facebook.com/CarrollCountyDemocraticClub. After you like the page, you will be invited to join the Carroll County Democratic Club Group, which is the Club’s private Facebook group. In this group, you can post your ideas, links to articles, helpful information, etc. that you would like to share with fellow Carroll County Democrats and that fit with the values of the Club.
If you are not on Facebook, you can share your ideas with us by emailing the officers of the club at ccdem…@gmail.com .
We are all looking forward to the day when it will be safe for the Club to meet again in person. In the meantime, the Club officers are discussing holding a Zoom Club meeting. We will let you know details about that as soon as possible.
Take care and stay well.
President of the CC Democratic Club
Club Officers (NEW)
President: Kate Sanner
Vice President: (vacant)
Communications Director: Mark Wilson
Treasurer: Mark Wilson
Secretary: Paula Monroe-Davidson
Directors: Carol Coley, Corynne Courpas, Harvey Rabinowitz
Immediate Past President: Frank Rammes
Actions that CC Democrats can be taking now (UPDATED)
1. (NEW) “Like” the Club’s Facebook page. You can either type @CarrollCountyDemocraticClub into the Facebook search bar or go to www.facebook.com/CarrollCountyDemocraticClub. After you like the page, you will be invited to join the Carroll County Democratic Club Group, which is the Club’s private Facebook group. In this group, you can post your ideas, links to articles, helpful information, etc. that you would like to share with fellow Carroll County Democrats and that fit with the values of the Club.
2. Learn about our local government over the next few months. Learn about our County Commissioners system (and which commissioner district you live in), our county court system, our Board of Education, your Democratic or Republican Central Committees, and all other county elected positions.
If you live in a city or incorporated town in Carroll County that has its own government structure (Westminster, Taneytown, Hampstead, Manchester, New Windsor, Union Bridge, Sykesville, and Mt. Airy), learn about that structure and who are serving as elected officials now. Local elections are coming soon – some municipalities will hold elections in May 2021
Learn about our state legislature. Start by learning what state legislative district you live in and who are your representatives in the State Assembly and State Senate. Most county and state legislature will take place in 2022.
3. Consider running for local, county or state office. We need Democrats to run in Carroll County. If you have questions about running for office, please contact the CC Democratic Central Committee. It can be found online at ccdems.com (contact form is on ccdems.com/get-involved/) or email them at ccmdde…@gmail.com.
4. Find a candidate to back and volunteer to help them during their run for office. Even if you don’t live in a municipality and cannot vote for a particular candidate, you can still volunteer your time for that person – to send out campaign literature or do electioneering at the polls at early voting or on election day.
By the way, there are still postcard writing campaigns going on through Postcards to Voters (www.postcardstovoters.org) and Flip the West (www.flipthewest.com), to name two such groups. Though they are not related to local government here in Carroll County (at least not at this point), they are still great groups with which to be involved and will keep your activism well-exercised.
5. Become a paying member of the CC Democratic Club. If you are already a member, recruit other Democrats to become members. Membership costs only $15.00 (fifteen) per Club year per individual ($25 for a couple). For more information, go to www.ccdems.com/clubs
ABOUT CLUB MEETINGS (UPDATED)
May 20, 2021: SAVE THE DATE: Virtual Fundraiser
Mark your calendars!
The Carroll County Democratic Central Committee will hold a VIRTUAL FUNDRAISER Thursday, MAY 20, 2021! (The same date previously reserved for the re-scheduled Annual Dinner.)
NOTE: This is being held in lieu of the annual dinner, in order to keep all donors safe but still allow us to get together for our great cause
We work to promote Democratic ideals and candidates. We also present speakers on topics of interest to voters at our meetings. We’re based in Westminster.
FACEBOOK Page: www.facebook.com/CarrollCountyDemocraticClub
Your club in action: https://ccdems.com/your-cc-democratic-club-in-action/
Officers and meeting information: https://ccdems.com/ccdemclub-2020-21/
The newsletter will always have the LATEST information on upcoming meetings.
The meeting minutes are posted in our Google Group folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGlJGvA6lW3bGlfdUlJTTVpcGs
We now have 75 members, in 51 memberships, with at least 31 NEW/FIRST-TIME MEMBERS! AMAZING! To join by check: https://ccdems.com/dues/
To join using PAYPAL see: https://ccdems.com/the-club-now-takes-paypal/
Back to our regularly-scheduled program….
About the Newsletter
We send out a weekly newsletter listing all the news and upcoming events for the next month or so, emphasizing the newly-added or updated events.
As always, you can also go to ccdems.com/events at any time to see the full calendar and details.
To ADD an EVENT: send the information, including (if possible) a URL, to Mark Wilson, wils…@gmail.com
The newsletter was first published on February 25, 2017.
Et Cetera! (Various Other Resources) (UPDATED)
- Jamie Raskin: Contact his district staff at 301-354-1000 if you need any assistance.
- Moving Forward Podcast: moving-forward.libsyn.com With host Kate Sanner
To get on the Carroll County Democratic Central Committee’s mailing list, email Tom Scanlan at trsc…@gmail.com.
To give DIRECTLY to the local food bank, Carroll County Food Sunday, go to the CCFS donation page: http://ccfoodsunday.org/how-to-help/
This page is always available, and ensures your donation directly benefits folks here in Carroll County.
From the Carroll County Democratic Club